SARL COMPTOIR DE LA MER
2 RUE DES GREEURS LA CABAUDE
85100 LES SABLES D’OLONNE
Data collection and purpose
COMPTOIR DE LA MER collects the personal data of any User visiting its Website, particularly by using cookies in accordance with the applicable law.
Personal data are also collected when Users purchase products on the Vendée Globe’s online shop, when they subscribe to the newsletter, or when they fill in the contact form.
The collected data are necessary to the following processings: the collection of statistics regarding audience measurements and marketing studies, providing an answer to the contact requests sent via the Website, order management (deliveries, returns, customer relations), communication with the Website’s customers.
Contact forms limit personal data collection to the bare minimum and clearly indicate whether these data are mandatory or facultative to deal with your request.
Only the Company COMPTOIR DE LA MER has access to these data.
Users must fill in every blank of the Website’s contact form, except those mentioned as facultative or optional, which is to say those marked with an asterisk. Facultative information is collected by the Company COMPTOIR DE LA MER and is used to know its Website’s Users better.
Any information marked by an asterisk is mandatory. The User must therefore fill in all the blanks marked by an asterisk.
The contact form shall not be taken into account if it is not filled in properly. The Company COMPTOIR DE LA MER shall not be able to deal with these requests.
Collected data are used by the Company COMPTOIR DE LA MER.
The Company COMPTOIR DE LA MER never sells or swaps your personal data for marketing purposes to third parties.
Furthermore, the Company COMPTOIR DE LA MER never passses on your personal data to third parties, except if the Company COMPTOIR DE LA MER is compelled to do so by a government authority or a regulatory agency, in case of legal requisition, summons to appear or any other similar governmental or legal requirement, or to make or defend a legal request.
Right to access, rectification and erasure
To request information or exercise your rights in accordance with the Data Protection Act related to the processing of the personal data managed by the Company COMPTOIR DE LA MER, you can send your demand:
- By post to COMPTOIR DE LA MER – BOUTIQUE VENDÉE GLOBE / 2 Rue des Gréeurs La Cabaude 85100 Les Sables d’Olonne
- Or by email to: boutique.VENDEEGLOBE@vendeeglobe.fr
Data retention period
Personal data which are collected via the Website are retained in accordance with the recommendations of the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL) and/or the legal obligations.
What is a “cookie”?
A cookie is a small piece of data, generally identified by a name, which can be sent from a website and stored on the User’s computer by the User’s web browser while the User is browsing. Your browser retains it for a while, and then sends it back to the web server each time you connect to it.
Cookies are not meant to collect your personal data without your knowledge, their aim is to retain the information related to your navigation.
Here are the different types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies allow you to browse the Website and are essential to use the Website properly. Disabling them shall prevent you from operating the Website properly and from accessing to some features.
- Statistics and performance cookies: these cookies collect information related to the way Users browse the Website (number of visits, number of visited pages, visitors’ activity) via Google Analytics’ tools in particular. These cookies also help us identify and solve operation problems and improve the Website.
Regarding cookie management, each browser configuration is different and depends on your preferences. Cookie management is detailed in the help menu of your browser, which shall give you information about how you can modify your preferences regarding cookies.
Here is how you can disable cookies via the main browsers:
- From the “Tools” menu, choose “Internet Options”
- Then, click on the “Privacy” tab
- Click on the “Advanced” button to open the “Advanced Privacy Settings” window
- Tick “Override automatic cookie management”, then select “Disable” and click “OK” to save your preferences.
- In the drop-down menu, click “Tools”, then “Options”
- Select the “Privacy” tab
- Configure the “Firefox will” section, and select “Use a custom settings for history”
- Untick “Accept cookies from websites” and click “OK” to save your preferences.
- In the “Tools” menu, select “Options” and then, click on the “Advanced” tab
- In the “Privacy” section, click “Content Settings”
- Tick “Ignore exceptions and prevent third-party cookies from being enabled” and click “OK” to save your preferences.
- In the Safari drop-down menu, select “Preferences”
- Click “Security’
- Untick “Accept Cookies” and save your preferences.
Cookie management module
The Company COMPTOIR DE LA MER provides its Website’s Users with a module thanks to which they can object to the Website’s cookies. To do so, the User can click on the “Customise” button in the information banner mentioning the purpose of these cookies.
Security measures taken by the Company COMPTOIR DE LA MER to ensure personal data protection
The Company COMPTOIR DE LA MER endeavours to implement all the necessary technical means in accordance with standard practice to ensure the data’s integrity, security and privacy, in order to prevent them from being modified or damaged, or to prevent any unauthorised third party from accessing them.